second semester - second Year
Comparison between birds and mammals with regard to physiology with special reference to birds of economic importance.
The circulatory system, blood, gas exchange .
The digestive system and physiology of digestion components, Function of and hormones of the digestive system .
- Digestion of carbohydrates, Protein , Fats and thier metabolism .
- Reproductive system & Reproduction :
- Reproductive system of the hen, egg formation – physiological disturbance in egg formation, Factors affecting egg formation.
- Male Reproductive system .
- Hormonal & nervous control of reproduction in male & female.
- Respiratory system
- Urinary system
- Acid – base balance
First semester - Fourth Year
Poultry Production (1)
second semester - Fourth Year
* The development of Poultry industry in the world commercial poultry Production – Specialization and integration of the different Production fields. Contract systems – Associated industries with Poultry Production .
* Present status of Poultry Production in Sudan and future improvements.
* Grades and quality of table – eggs – Factors affecting quality –Egg characteristics measurements – Factors influencing egg quality deterioration – Methods of Preservation egg quality – Grading and packing – Egg marketing .
* Poultry meat quality – Nutritional value - Poultry meat processing and methods of preservation.
* Factors affecting carcass quality and meat quality. Carcass grading - Meat processing – processing plant by – products – marketing of Poultry meat .
* Design and management of Poultry processing plants.
Poultry Production (2)
First semester - Fifth year
New advances in poultry production
- Specialization and integration.
* Chick production – Genetic basis for breeding commercial lives for egg and Broiler. Production.
* Breeder stock management – production of hatching eggs – Selection of hatching eggs storage of hatching eggs.
* Incubation and hatching – Egg formation – embryonic development – Natural and artificial incubation – Incubators and hatcheries factors affecting fertility and hatchability – Hatchery operations.
* Records and calculation of fertility and hatchability percentages. Production costs and returns.
* Design and management of hatcheries and incubators.
* Table – egg production – nutritional value of eggs.
* characteristics of egg .
* Management of egg laying Stock – design and management of layer Farms.
* Factors affecting egg production. Replacement pullets management .
* Broiler Production.
* Nutritional value of poultry meat – Sources of poultry meat management and new advances the broiler production.
* characteristics of broilers breeds.
* Broiler farms – methods of rearing and production – Factors affecting Broiler production.
* Production efficiency measurements – Production costs and returns.
* Design and management of broiler farms.