As the dean of the Faculty of Animal production, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the home page of the Faculty of Animal production on the website of the University of Khartoum. It is well known that Sudan possesses atremendous livestock resources which need to be developed and conserved in order to contribute significantly to the national economy. The faculty of Animal production is well aware of this challenge and has exploiting effort as a leading promoter to provide a high quality standard of education for BSc and postgraduate students. recently our infrastructure has grown substantially which will help in designing and offering diploma, short courses and training programs in Animal production and technology.
The faculty staff members are group of distinguished scientists and researchers who are highly devoted and experienced to conduct research, teaching supervision, consultation and community services in the various field of animal production sciences. As assign of excellence, three of our staffs have won the highest governmental prize for academic excellence; this has never been achieved by any other institute. Moreover, we have established an excellent collaboration and relationships with eminent institutes via frequent participations of our staff in regional and international scientific conferences.
You are welcome to visit our website and to explore the potentials for interaction with the academic and social programs .also we feel happy to receive your comments and suggestions.
Mission & Purpose
How University got its start
- Founded in 1982
- located in Khartoum North, P. O. Box 32, Postal code 13314
- Affiliated with the University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Part of the consortium of schools on the UBC campus
- Four distinct graduate degree programs
- 22 full-time faculty members
- 40+ part-time, emeritus, sessional, and visiting faculty members
- 1200 full- and part-time students from 60 countries
- More than 6,000 graduates and 19,000 former students worldwide